2014 Ryan Heavy Duty Sod Cutter
Call for Price
Ride or walk behind the performance and dependability of the Ryan® Heavy Duty Sod Cutter.
Large enough to conquer big jobs yet still easily portable, this unit is ideal for sod farms and sports fields. It is capable of cutting and rolling up to three acres of sod a day. No sod cutter has ever been more user-friendly. Adjust blade depth, change blade angles and control the handle-mounted throttle all from the operator’s station. A cutting-depth guide helps ensure that every adjustment is accurate. An automatic sod cutoff blade provides precise cutting of the sod strips. The forward metering wheel measures the length of the sod strip and triggers the automatic cutoff blade. Sod strips can be cut in lengths from one to six feet long. Want even more efficiency? The available sulky roller kit allows you to cut and roll at the same time. The only thing you’ll be rolling up faster than the sod will be your bankroll.
See the complete line of convenient accessories for the Ryan Heavy Duty sod cutters.
- Adjustable Cutting Depth-Adjustable up to 2.5" deep.
- Automatic Sod Cutoff-Provides precise cutting of sod strips from one to six feet long.
- Durable Cutting Blade-Easily adjustable down to a depth of 2.5” and can change angles to match soil and blade conditions.
- Forward Metering Wheel-Helps measure and cut sod accurately.
- Operator's Station-Adjust blade depth, change blade angles and control the handle-mounted throttle all from the operator’s station.
- Warranty-Includes 2 year limited warranty.
- Displacement: 23.7 cu. in. (389 cc)
- Engine: 4-cycle Honda® GX390; recoil start; on/off switch; low-oil alert
- Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gal (6.1 L)
- Lubrication: Oil splash in gear case; pressure grease fittings elsewhere
- Oil Capacity: 1.16 qt. (1.1 L)
- Drive: Banded A-section V-belt engine to gear case; gears and roller chain to drive wheels; gears to blade eccentric shaft; all gears heat-treated; two forward speeds; transmission has dog clutch to disengage blade
- Drive: Wheels-(2) 8 in. (203 mm) diameter, knob tread; rubber-vulcanized to cast-iron hubs
- Tires Rear: 8 x 2.50 in. with sealed roller bearings
- Cutting Dimensions: Width-16 in. (406 mm) or 18 in. (457 mm)/Thickness-Adjustable up to 2.5 in. (64 mm)
- Overall Height: 36 in. (914 mm)
- Overall Length: 78 in. (1,981 mm)
- Overall Width: 31 in. (787 mm)
- Speeds: High Gear-187 ft./min. (57 m/min)/Low Gear-150 ft./min. (46 m/min)
- Wet Weight: 16 in. Model-551 lbs. (250 kg)/18 in. Model-556 lbs. (252 kg)
- Clutch: Spring-loaded belt tightener
- Other: Auto Cutoff-Roller chain drive; friction disc clutch and brake; sod-strip length adjustable from 1 ft. (305 mm) to 6 ft. (1,829 mm)
- Warranty: 2 year limited warranty
- Engine Manufacturer
- 4-cycle Honda® GX390; recoil start; on/off switch; low-oil alert
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.6 gal (6.1 L)