2014 Ryan Jr. Sod Cutter (Briggs & Stratton Vanguard)
Call for Price
The Ryan® Jr. Sod Cutter has been the gold standard in the golf, rental and commercial industries for more than 50 years.
The improved Jr. Sod Cutter sports a host of new features, including reduced hand/arm vibration, cut by a remarkable 75 percent for more comfortable operation. A new pneumatic rear castor wheel with lockout allows for cutting around curved landscape features or straight strips with unmatched precision. A true workhorse, the Jr. Sod Cutter packs the speed, convenience and reliability you've come to expect from Ryan.
We offer convenient accessories and a trailer to compliment our sod cutters.
- 4 Vibration Isolators-Four elastomeric handle isolators absorb and isolate vibration transmitted through the transmission case
- Cast Iron Transmission Housing-Heavy-duty, built-to-last cast iron gearbox for durability and long-life for rental or commercial use.
- Choice of Sod Widths-Available in either 12” or 18” cutting widths.
- Depth Setting Adjustment-Cutting depth indicator is more accessible to the operator; indicates cutting depths up to 2.5 inches
- Drive Wheel Lever/Engagement-Unlike competitive models, you can run the drive wheel without the cutter blade engaged
- Good Balance, Easy Handling-Maximum traction and self-propelled action - 75% of the machine's weight rests on the cast iron drive wheel; knob tread for superior traction and stability
- Knife Cutting Action-Knife cutting action travels up to 2" fore and aft 20 times per second for consistent cutting with less vibration.
- Less Vibration-75% LESS VIBRATION! Advanced Technology Vibration Isolation; Vibration Dampening Handle Support; 9" × 3-1/2" pneumatic rear caster wheel with lockout absorbs vibration and makes it easy to cut turf on curved landscapes
- Pneumatic Rear Caster Wheel with Lock-out-Pneumatic rear caster wheel reduces turf compaction, and contributes to vibration isolation. Allows operator to more easily maneuver and perform contour cutting. Can be locked in place for straight-line cutting.
- Powerful Engines-Available with a 4-cycle Honda® GX160 or a 4-cycle Briggs & Stratton® Vanguard™ engine.
- Displacement: 12.5 cu. in. (205 cc)
- Drive: Wheel-(2) 8 in. (203 mm) diameter, knob-tread; rubber-vulcanized to cast-iron hubs
- Engine: 4-Cycle Vanguard™; recoil start; dual-air cleaner; low-tone muffl er
- Fuel Capacity: 0.87 gal. (3.3 L)
- Lubrication: Oil splash in gear case
- Oil Capacity: 0.63 qt. (0.6 L)
- Drive: V-belt engine to gear case; double roller chain to blade eccentric shaft; gears and roller chain to traction wheels; transmission has separate dog clutches to engage cutting blade and traction drive
- Cutting Dimensions: Width-12 in. (205mm) or 18 in. (457mm) ; Thickness-Adjustable to 2.5 in. (64 mm)
- Height: 40 in. (1,016 mm)
- Length: 53 in. (1,346 mm)
- Weight: 12 in. Model-333 lbs. (151 kg)/18 in. Model-373 lbs. (169 kg)
- Width: 25 in. (635 mm)
- Clutch: Spring-loaded belt tightener
- Speed: Up to 135 ft./min. (41 m/min)
- Warranty: 2 year limited warranty
- Engine Manufacturer
- 4-Cycle Vanguard™; recoil start; dual-air cleaner; low-tone muffl er
- Fuel Capacity
- 0.87 gal. (3.3 L)
- Working Depth
- 25 in. (635 mm)
- 12 in. Model-333 lbs. (151 kg)/18 in. Model-373 lbs. (169 kg)